Oh my would I like to go a few rounds with him 😉
Well, that was bitter (Bates) sweet (Matthew and Mary.) Now what the hell am I supposed to do with myself until S3 of Downton Abbey?!!?
Perhaps I’ll collect all these and play Downton Abbey with my friends:
How brilliant IS THAT?!?!??? I love that all her expressions are exactly the same pursed lip disapproval! I hope the artist Kyle Hilton makes some more. There totally needs to be a Daisy/Mrs. Patmore set and obviously Anna/Mr. Bates 😉
So Entertainment Weekly has 3 covers for the Vampire Diaries this week!
Looked awfully familiar to me. Hmmmmm……
You’ll note on the EW cover there is a story about “shippers” – that would be fans that root for a particular couple on a show. And do you know how that particular term got introduced into the pop culture lexicon? That’s right – by THE X-FILES 😉
Yesterday Brandon’s GQ Motherf*cker interview came out online. You can read it here. I thought it was great and unlike other people – I am not scarred by his admission that the Sam’s Town ‘stache didn’t work!
The interview only comes with this one picture, but OH what a picture it is!:
Last weekend I saw The Killers twice – once at a warm-up gig at a tiny venue and once at the Orlando Calling festival in a stadium (although both times I was right up front with my BranGirls because That’s How We Do
Him It). And while he was spectacularly sexy and vision-defyingly gorgeous each time – Saturday he came out wearing this jacket.
Heretofore known as only The Jacket.
The lights were still down and I nearly pulled poor Jill’s arm off while screaming, “is that a leather jacket?? It’s a leather jacket!! It’s the GQ leather jacket!!! IS IT????”
Oh. It was The Jacket. And here’s what power it wields: He looks like this underneath it:
Source: probably this Tumblr
And I wanted him to KEEP IT ON ANYWAY!!
Source: probably this again
GQ Motherf*cker indeed!
(more great pics from both shows here)
- Nine Inch Nails – Zoo Station (interesting – this was U2’s first “industrial” sound and that’s what NIN do so very well)
- U2 (Jacques Lu Cont Mix) – Even Better Than The Real Thing (he did a fabulous remix of Mr. Brightside)
- Damien Rice – One (He should bring the proper amount of poignance to this)
- Patti Smith – Until The End Of The World (this was my second choice for The Killers)
- Garbage – Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (I love Shirley Manson! And you don’t often hear females covering U2)
- Depeche Mode – So Cruel (Oooooohhhh)
- Snow Patrol – Mysterious Ways (I like them, and they seemed to have a semi-permanent gig as 360 Tour opening act)
- The Fray – Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World (Say WHAT? One of these things is NOT like the others!!)
- Gavin Friday – The Fly (Bono’s BFF. I think he IS The Fly)
- The Killers – Ultraviolet (Light My Way) (OMFG THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!!! ASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKL!!!!!!)
- Glasvegas – Acrobat (We saw them open for U2 in Dublin. Hope they do this powerful song justice)
- Jack White – Love Is Blindness (Hmmmm, could be interesting – especially if he goes a little more country with it)
I got it in my head that The Killers should definitely be part of this project because, 1. They love U2, 2. They do great U2 covers (ok this is just Brandon, but still!) and 3. It would make my life to hear my favorite band cover my favorite band on my favorite album.
Then I decided they should cover Ultraviolet (Light My Way.) And after listening to AB I came up with a Killers Cover Achtung Baby Wishlist that started with Ultraviolet and ended with Tryin’ to Throw Your Arms Around the World, but really I would have been happy with whichever song they did (I would have been happiest if they were the only band covering the whole damn thing!)
BTW this was all despite the fact that there was NO CONFIRMATION that they had anything to do with it!
As I said on FB:
I don’t think there are enough CAPITAL LETTERS AND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR 🙂 to express JUST HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT THIS!!!!!! 🙂
Brandon is going to KILL this in the vocals, then he’s going to kill ME when I hear it. Seriously guys – if there was a Holy Grail of my Fangirldom, this may be it!