slightly totally obsessed with the Duran Duran Twitter feeds. Just today John was posting pictures of a photo shoot like a sort of live blog. It pretty much confirmed for me that had this existed when I was 14 years old, today would have been the day I was expelled from junior high for incessant internet checking and squealing! (if teen boys today think they have it bad with Bieber, they should be grateful there is only one of him and not FIVE!!)
The other night Simon was up late into the London night doing his own live tweeting of the interminable and awful Oscars. I have to say there is just something really cool about reading the thoughts of one of your idols in real time. It’s like, “hey! I’m watching the Oscars! With Simon LeBon!!” A friend of mine and fellow Durannie thinks this takes some of the “mystery” away and I can see that. But honestly I just think it’s pretty damn cool.
Speaking of Simon – his life fucking ROCKS!!! Here’s a recent week of his:
- Attended a posh fashion show which his wife Yasmin was modeling in
- Went to a posh cocktail party AT 10 Downing Street
- Saw his wife on the cover of (another – she’s a supermodel for chrissakes!) magazine
- Had his name as a clue on a crossword (please call him “47 Down” from now on!)
- Attended the Brit Awards with John where they hung out with fellow 80’s Brit Pop Idols Boy George and Holly Johnson
- Made Shepherd’s Pie
- Jetted off to Milan for Pop Star Stuff
That’s in ONE WEEK!! He also does completely normal stuff like walk his dogs and crab about his daughter running the hair dryer too long!
(Awww look at the New Romantics!!)