If ever there was a Holy Grail in my Celebrity Crush Kingdom – this would be it.
I love this video so frickin’ much – here’s some of the reasons why:
- Bono is such a generous performer – he always lets guest singers take the center of his stage which is incredibly gracious
- Brandon is sassy – changing the lyrics from when I saw her first, in a pram they pushed her by to when I saw you first in a pram they pushed ME by just to kinda stick it to the old man that he wants his crown – and Bono’s reaction which is to laugh
- Bono shushing the band for Brandon’s solo
- Brandon mouthing the words to the lines he’s not singing
- The Epic Hug. It kills me that you can’t see this on the video, but to know it is out there makes me ridiculously happy. Watch Brandon give Bono a brief hug and head off stage, where he is SUMMONED by Larry Mullen Jr. to behind the kit for a hug that is MUCH longer than the one with Bono, then see Brandon scamper off stage like he’s just been blessed by the damn Pope
I love it SO MUCH!
Based on this single moment that we can’t even SEE all of, Jill and I have spun a thousand imaginary tales of how these two are BFF’s in real life and call each other to compare notes on bossiness, control freakiness, dressing your hottest, and how to best display dissatisfaction (LMJ = arms crossed/frown. BF = hands on hips/pout.)
My friend Amy, bless her – says that LMJ whispered to him:
She saw me first kid 🙂