I love Golden Earring’s Twilight Zone for many reasons that I will tell you about after you watch the total awesomeness for yourself:
- The song: so catchy and exciting with one of the most incredible bass lines ever and an opening riff that always gives me goosebumps
- The storyline: a killer on the run with bad guys (and girls) after him, femme fatales and the whole noir feel of fedoras, suits, espionage, intrigue and aforementioned femme fatales, oh and dangerous playing cards!
- The bullet ripping through the Jack of Diamonds – in 1982 that was CGfuckingI!
- When the bullet hits the bone shot – over, and over, and over
- The Dancing Dominatrix Interrogation Girls
- When it all becomes a musical stage show
I love this video so much it is kind of ridiculous. When I first found it on YouTube I almost cried. I recommend you check out the lyrics that are up with the video because until the internet, I had NO idea what he was saying half the time. I totally want The Killers to cover this because:
- It is from the 80’s so right up Brandon’s alley
- It is about murder which he sings about plenty
- The video is quite fashionable which we know he is
- It would make my life
There’s a reason this video has been viewed over 1 million times and the reason is that it is awesome.